Vista GeoScience owns the latest Geoprobe Direct Imaging® Tooling and Software systems to provide the latest in High Resolution Site Characterization (HRSC) technologies which is operated by our Geoprobe trained specialists. This allows your field scientists to collect extremely high resolution contaminant, lithologic and hydrostratigraphic data real time in the field for real time TRIAD decision making. In addition to mapping in 3-D the contaminant distribution, you also gain valuable information on flow zones, aquitards and other soil characteristics. We follow all QA/QC in the data acquisition process according to the Geoprobe SOP and ASTM methods. The following tools are available for your HRSC project:
- OIP (NEW!) – Optical Image Profiler locates free or residual LNAPL fluorescence. (This tool has a similar response to Dakota LIF/UVOST tool, but is integrated with the EC.)
- MIP – Membrane Interface Probe locates dissolved and sorbed VOCs in soil and groundwater. Vapors are analyzed on three stable and selective laboratory instrument grade detectors – PID, FID and XSD, all in a ruggedized instrument case.
- LL-MIP – Low Level Membrane Interface Probe increases the sensitivity of VOCs detected by at least a factor of 10x, getting you down into the mid-ppb range of detection limits.
- HPT – Hydraulic Profiling Tool measures pressure and flow to obtain permeability characteristics and estimated hydraulic conductivity (K).
- MiHPT – Combined MIP + HPT Tools with EC.
- EC – Electrical Conductivity Dipole, integrated with all of the above tools, for soil lithology and grain size characteristics.
- SlimLine™ Natural Gamma Ray Logging – This wireline tool can identify naturally occurring radionuclides and is also commonly used as a lithology correlation tool. It cannot be driven by direct-push but will fit in a one inch diameter temporary PVC well.
- Cone Penetrometer – Measures geotechnical soil properties.
- 3-D Modeling – Data from the above tools can be displayed in cross sections adjusted for elevation, or in interactive 3-D visualization software on your desktop. Click here for more info from our post page!